Thursday, January 17, 2013

Shitty First Drafts...(Blog #3)

I really enjoyed this read by Anne Lamott. I like how real she is. She wants you to know that not all writers sit down, roll up their sleeves and produce a perfect first draft every time. It is more comforting to know that this is the case. I think I am far from a good writer and Anne's article gives me some hope for my future writings. I will definitely be using some of her techniques and ideas for writing from now on. I like the idea of just getting something down on the paper. Just letting it spew out and then being able to go back and pick through and come up with something good.
I also enjoy Anne's sense of humor. I especially like her comparison of mounds of vegetable puree to various ex-presidents brains. I would love to read some of those food reviews. And I love the fact that she (like myself) will sit down to write and nothing comes to her so she gets up checks her teeth in the mirror, gets some food and maybe makes a phone call and then takes some deep breaths and sits back down to write. That is definitely how I work. I would like to read more from Anne Lamott.

No comments:

Post a Comment